DOES the incase protective case for iPhone 3G scratch the chrome?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by asaad, Jul 30, 2008.

1. asaad macrumors member

I know that this was a common complaint with the first gen case so I'm wondering if the 2nd gen is having the same issues. I don't really care about lint or pulling it out of my pocket easily I just want to know people who have this case NOW for their iPhone 3g does it scratch up your phone at all in any way? Thanks.

2. asuandy macrumors regular

asuandy

All of the silicone/rubberized cases do. I owned the iSkin and it put tiny scratches in my iPhone 2G and I have the black and red Belkin on my 3G and it has done the same thing. If dust/dirt can get in between the case and chrome it will happen and with the silicone cases its inevitable.

3. asaad thread starter macrumors member

that really sucks I don't understand how I can have this phone with no case for three weeks in and out of my pocket with virtually no scratches but if I get a "protective" case it'll do the opposite

4. slapppy macrumors 65816

Thats why I wanted the SwitchEasy Rebel to work so badly for me. It's not silicon but a some new polymer formulation. All these acrylic, silicon, clear cases scratches up the chrome within a few weeks of use. The one that kept my original protected without scratching was the Capsule from SwitchEasy, but they don't make it for the 3G.... I wish they did.

5. asuandy macrumors regular

asuandy

It will scratch it faster because the pocket isn't "grinding" the dirt into your phone like a tight silicone case is. I have the case for drops and general safe keeping. I had my 2G naked before I got the iSkin and the chrome was eventually scratched.

6. asaad thread starter macrumors member

well that makes sense

7. applecupcakes macrumors member

applecupcakes

InvisibleSHIELD is the way to go... I couldn't be more happy with the ones I have on my ipod nano and touch.