does the invisible shield help the iphone 4 antenna issus ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kel86, Jul 18, 2010.

1. kel86 macrumors newbie

i want to get the iphone 4, but i just dont want the case for it,

i mean the out look of the phone is one of the reason i want to get it, and i think the case will only ruin it.

does any iphone 4 user is using the invisible shield, or any similar product, and does it help with the iphone 4 antenna issus ??

2. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Nope it doesn't help in the slightest, I'm using the full body protector from Best Skins Ever (Same as IS), it covers the back, front and the whole top and sides of the metal frame (Including the little black dividers) and I'm still able to get the signal to drop by covering the black line on the left hand side

3. FlashHead macrumors regular

I agree. I'm using the Invisible Shield. Still had some bar dropping issues, although it never caused me to lose a call, while the shield was drying. But the combination of the shield with the bumper works well. I've never used a case before, hate the idea of them, but the bumper actually makes the phone a little easier to hold. It doesn't really feel like a case.

4. Jude188 macrumors newbie

Check the Zagg website.

I don't know if they've changed anything but the Zagg website now claims the the IS does in fact alleviate the antenna problem. They even have a video.

5. Showtime3 macrumors member

dont fall victim to marketing. that invisishield doesnt isnt thick enough around the sides to do anything for reception