Does the ipad 2 also have the screen issues ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by FrenchPB, May 12, 2012.

1. FrenchPB macrumors 6502

I'm hesitating between the ipad 2 and 3, but based on all the bad reviews I've read about the 3, I think I'll go for the 2 and save myself the anxiety of checking whether the screen is good or not, yellow or pink tinted, etc.

Does the ipad 2 have the same issue, or can I order one without fearing much ?

Also, do you know how many days it'd take for a delivery in california after making a purchase on the online apple store ? I'm leaving the country in a week so I want to know if buying online is still an option or if I should go to a local apple store. However, I also read that buying online greatly increased your chances of getting an ipad 2,4... what do you think ?

2. FrenchPB thread starter macrumors 6502

Also, I think I'm scared that if I like the retina display too much, I won't enjoy working on my 27-inch iMac anymore...

Do some of you had that feeeling that the retina display was so great that reading on your Mac were less enjoyable ?

3. bigdaddyp macrumors regular

We bought a bunch of iPad 2's for the kids and one iPad 3. First iPad 3 was returned because of big yellow blotch and pink looking sparkles. I don't know if that was the red pixels or what. The exchanged iPad 3 is much better but left side of screen is a bit darker but I can live with that. The iPad 2's we bought have very even backlighting and have no off angle viewing problems. One does have a pretty good light leak all along the edge on the side that has the home button. But during normal use its not an issue Over all I like the better backlighting and longer battery life plus the cooler temps of the iPad 2. I don't have much of a problem switching from my ipad3 to my MacBook. With how gorgeous those 27 inch iMac screens are I doubt you would have a problem either. Of course this is just my opinion and ymmv.

4. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

With the 27" you are in the experience.

With the iPad you are still holding it.