All iPads does the iPad 4 has safari tab reloading issues?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by howareyoukk, Jun 8, 2014.

1. howareyoukk macrumors regular

I was going to buy an iPad last year but somehow didn't have the budget for it. So now i have the budget and I need to choose between air or iPad 4. Personally I like the look on the iPad 4. I think it is better looking (even though it is heavier and thicker comparing to the iPad air). I got the chance to play around my friend's iPad air for good amount of time and realised that the safari on the iPad air keeps reloading webpages even they aren't many opened. I did a little bit of research on google and found out it is due to the ram on the iPad air can not fully support the 64 bit processor. This reason alone makes me lean towards iPad 4 even more. I just want the smooth iOS/ipad experience and I dont think i will need a very powerful iPad. So my main question is that if the iPad 4 has some sort of ram issues with ios7 and causes constant web pages reloading problem on safari?

Thanks in advanced :)

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I'm an iPad Air owner with the tabs refresh you mention.

However after moving away from safari to the Atomic Browser I no longer get the tabs refreshing.

So I'm not convinced the ram is the issue but safari itself.

3. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Either will do it to some extent. It's just how iOS works. Switching to a 3rd party browser will minimize, but not eliminate the issue.

I would not make the decision based on this factor.