Does the ipad calendar and contact book sync with google?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dragoro, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

And how about gmail? Is it push? What about if I have multiple gmail accounts? Will the Ipad handle multiple accounts? all in push?

2. Dumbledorelives macrumors 6502

Dumbledorelives

I believe you can only sync with one account. At least, that's how it is for iPhone. Haven't tried with an iPad.

3. Dragoro thread starter macrumors 6502

Dragoro

Well, at least thats an answer. Not the one id like to hear, but such is life. Thank you Dumbledorelives

4. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

Yes, they do sync but you have to add the google calendar to iCal using the subscribe as DAV function. I used to do this but it has been a while. It is certainly possible but I don't recall the details. Look in the google calendar settings for instructions/link.

5. Mawal macrumors regular

no problem, the ipad syncs nicely with the google calendar and google contacts.

You need to setup your gmail account as an exchange account on the ipad, The "how to" is well documented on google.

I have this setup running for months and it runs flawlessly.

6. JulianL macrumors 65816

... and you can sync multiple accounts. It works perfectly. I have multiple accounts synced for both my iPhone and my iPad.

- Julian

7. MedicSteve09 macrumors newbie

I can second this. I have my google account set up using the exchange setup and my contacts, gmail, and calendar sync. My gmail also pushes to my iPad (often will get pushed to my iPad about a minute before getting pushed to my droid)

As for the calendar, it will sync your primary calendar by default. If you want to access any secondary calendars or a shared one you have on that account, you will need to go to m.google.com/sync from your iPad *after* the initial sync/setup