Does the iPad hurt your eyes?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by barrett14, Mar 15, 2011.

1. barrett14 macrumors regular

I didn't own the original but after reading a few news articles this thing kind of hurts my eyes/makes me dizzy. Anyone else?

2. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

It kind of did to my eyes too... since I'm use to the HD of the iPhone 4. Well now my eyes have been use to it. So maybe your eyes will like it too soon.

3. Aetherhole macrumors member

Sounds like eye fatigue. The screen brightness could also be too bright so if you turned down the brightness that could help. This could especially be the case for white background, like newspapers and such.

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

"You're reading it wrong." A little SJ quip there....

I had that problem when I started reading books on my iPhone, but my eyes soon adjusted, hopefully yours will too on the iPad. Try adjusting the brightness, that might be causing your pain.

5. PCClone macrumors 6502a

If I poked my eye with the corner of the iPad it would hurt my eye.

6. HasanDaddy macrumors 6502a

Between my MBP, iPhone and iPad, I would say the iPad hurts my eyes the least

Just make sure to look away and blink a few times every 20 to 30 mins - Apple uses great displays, as long as you do that

7. THFourteen macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I had to jailbreak my iPad 1 and install the dimmer application in order to use it at night. otherwise it really is too bright. so is my iphone for that matter.

8. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

When I'm reading anything on an iPad, I triple click the home button for the accessibility setting. I don't know whether I'm undiagnosed dyslexic, but I can't honestly seem to read it otherwise. I find it really hard to read black text on a white background. Particularly on an LED backlit screen. I do it on the MBP too, on a side note; I never had this issue with matte screens.

If you're suffering actual pain in the eyeballs, it's probably a brightness thing. Either it's too bright or you're reading in a dark room and they're becoming strained. I found I was having the same issue on my old 27 iMac, full brightness + dark room = hello floaters.