All iPads Does the iPad Safari No Longer Do Full Screen?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by perezr10, Oct 12, 2014.

1. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

When I use my iPad to surf the web in landscape mode, i have my Favorites menu showing on the left side of the screen. This allows me to only use the right two thirds for viewing the web. Is there a way to make the Favorites disappear so I can use the full screen?

I miss full screen landscape!

2. perezr10 thread starter macrumors 6502a

BTW, I went to Settings/Safari and saw that there is a toggle switch for "Favorites". I have mine set to off but it doesn't help. Sooooo, I think it's one of those bugs that results from doing an upgrade as opposed to doing a fresh install.

3. perezr10 thread starter macrumors 6502a

problem solved.

I nuked the OS. Restored my iPad as new and I have full screen Safari again.

4. Seanm87 macrumors member

You only have to press the book symbol to remove it

5. WilliamG macrumors G3

Just tap the bookmarks icon (looks like a book)... "Nuking" the OS didn't fix the issue. When you open the bookmarks in landscape, you'll be back at square one until you tap it again.

This new landscape Safari interface is a huge step back in terms of UI from iOS 7. Far too many screen taps to open/access/close bookmarks now..

*sigh*

6. perezr10 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I tried tapping the book many, many times but that didn't work. Now that I did a fresh install the "book" works as it should.