Does the iPhone 3Gs have a password vault?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GregGebhardt, Feb 5, 2010.

1. GregGebhardt macrumors 6502

I am and have been a long time Blackberry user but have my first iPhone arriving on Monday. I really depend on the password vault that keeps all of your passwords and other information secure. Does the iPhone have such a thing?:confused:

I have already downloaded the latest iTunes and assume that when I get my phone, I simply plug it in and iTunes will take me through the rest of the process. I am wanting to use the SIM that comes in the iPhone, so will it move service over to this new SIM? My Blackberry SIM is old and shows some wear. ;)

Sorry newbie questions, just remember that not too long ago you wondered some of the same things I am now:eek:

:apple:

2. Ace33 macrumors newbie

I found a cool app called Keeper by Callpod. Seems pretty good so far and very similar to the password keeper on the BlackBerry platform. Best of all, it is free:)

3. rmead001 macrumors member

I use an app called Kepper. Also free and does a nice job.

4. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I currently use lockbox. It's also free (with a paid version available).

It does the job fine. I just recently downloaded it so I haven't played with the computer sync yet. I was just looking at some other similar apps and it looks like most of them charge for the complementing computer app. I'm not sure if lockbox does. If so, I may try to scour the market a lil bit more.

But yes they have plenty of password vault alternatives. I'll probably look around more to see which is the best :)

5. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

These are actually the same app... haha.

I also corrected the name

6. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

Keeper FTW. I have 20 passwords so far and the self-destructive function is pretty cool.

7. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

8. sfditty macrumors regular

I use mSecure, and am very happy with it. I went with this one because I liked the UI and features best (duh!). It's 2.99. It has blowfish encryption, a "self destruct" option, and very handy profiles (e.g. bank accounts, credit cards, memberships, websites, etc, as well as user-defined profiles). The desktop companion it syncs to is $10 though.

9. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

wow but 40 bucks for the Mac app. It seems pretty neat, but I think that's pretty overkill for what I'm needing from it

10. IronLogik macrumors 6502

$40 for the Mac app is well worth it.

Best. Mac. App. EVER.

Try the demo. You'll love it.

11. jellybean macrumors regular

I agree, $40 sounds like a lot for a password keeper, but it is SO worth it! My passwords sync beautifully between the Mac and iPhone apps, and even if you're not going to be using it on the Mac the iPhone app is also a great standalone app. Highly recommended!