Does the iPhone 6+ still have any stuttering issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saintforlife, May 15, 2015.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

I understand when the iPhone 6+ first came out some people were complaining about animations stuttering once in a while on the 6+ model. Just wondering if that has been subsequently fixed with SW updates?

Also can we expect the iPhone 6S+ to be better in this department coming out of the gate since it will presumably come with a faster processor that should theoretically handler the rescaling to 1080p screen better?

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I don't own a 6+ so I can't say definitively, but when I looked at one at the Apple store to see if I wanted to buy it--the demo unit stuttered with animations. That gave me a bad impression so I held off.

The best guess is that the next generation will have more RAM *and* a better processor--so hopefully this issue will be solved.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1880692

4. Zaft macrumors 68030

Zaft

I just got mine , new on iOS 8.3 . Yes it stutters at times, more then my 6 that I sold. It was an even trade so no harm. I can let it go because I love the big screen. I think I will get the 6S plus for the smooth performance. It's not terrible but it's clear that the hardware is not sufficient to run this 1080p display.

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I haven't noticed any visible stutter using mine day to day. The only thing I complain about if I were to complain about anything is that it gets uncomfortably warm after heavy use, which is to be expected.

EDIT: Running iOS 8.3.

6. whatos macrumors 6502a

Yes it does, but I'm guessing Apple may deliver a better experience with the upcoming new iPhone.

7. Cozmosis macrumors member

Cozmosis

Yes. And has issues with portrait/landscape transitions - though that may be an iOS 8 issue.

8. Tino04 macrumors member

Mine has issues coping with safari and spotify simultaneously :confused:

9. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Lol my old iPhone 6 plus camera was always stuttering!

Every time I need to take a important moment/ video the camera just has to freeze. By then that memory isn't captured. LOL

10. Hot12345 macrumors 6502

Totally agree with this, this is a ios8 issue I hope this will be fixed.

I have some feeling that ios8 is not smooth for the 6+ model.

11. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Not stuttering here on my 6+ but then I seldom push it and never have over a couple of tabs open at once. Pretty buttery smooooth in my opinion.

12. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

Yes. Worse thing is when you have a heavy web page and are scrolling around it. Massive lag and jank.

Not sure if it's just the 6+ I haven't used a 6 much.