Does The iPhone 7 Display Scratch More Easily?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itsmilo, Jul 8, 2017.

1. itsmilo macrumors 65816

itsmilo

Been using my iPhone 7 Plus since last October or so and there are quite some noticeable scratches on the display. When i use it in bright light or focus on it i can notice them quite easily. Especially when i scroll or watch something. Its driving me a bit ocd.

Meanwhile the display of my iPhone 6 is still flawless to this day and survived many vacations at a beach.

By the way any idea how to remove dust from the top of the iPhone 7 around the bezel where the glass connects with the frame? For some reason the tiny gap only exists on the top and there is a lot of "white" dust inside which i cant get off or i dont want to break the water sealing if that makes sense

2. craigio85 macrumors regular

I'm the complete opposite. My iPhone 6 was covered in noticeable scratches while my iPhone 7 remains pristine (despite a case-less drop on a concrete floor).

I wondered if it was down to my iPhone 6 having a black front panel and my 7 being white, but even under bright-light inspection, I can't detect any screen scratches. Even more bizarre, i used a case the entire time I had my 6 while my 7 has been naked since day 1.

3. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

I've never scratched a phone screen in my life, that is until I got my iPhone 7 a few week ago and scrathed the screen pretty badly after a week.. No idea what happened as it had only ever been on my Office desk (at home), on a dock on my bedside table and on the sofa arm!

Also for the dust thing, have you tried blu-tack?

4. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

My phones have always been scratch free (micro included). Up until iPhone 6 and now my 7plus. Both have been covered with micro scratches. Not sure what the reason is. But I've learnt to live with it. I hated scratches before but I guess I've come to terms that everything in life can't be perfect. A deep scratch that I can feel still bugs me though.

5. itsmilo thread starter macrumors 65816

itsmilo

Good idea, i didnt know that was a thing. I will look into it. Thank you

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I use my iPhone 7 caseless all the time and I have no scratches on my display. My disclaimer is I am very cautious with it and I don't abuse the iPhone in any way, or set it face down on hard surfaces. I have been pleased the durability of the display. My 6s and iPhone 6 also had no issues with any scratching either.

7. ATC macrumors 6502a

I babied all my iPhones but still managed to scratch every screen (iP4,5,6 and now 7). Most were scratches in the coating (still quite visible). Ever since I put on a Spigen tempered glass protector on my iP7, I'm now a firm believer in them. Can't even tell I have a screen protector on. That or live with the scratches.

8. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

After near a year of wiping my 7+ on anything I can find, including my shirt, my 7+ has only the usual micro scratches that can only be seen on very bright light. No issue here. I have never scratched an iPhone screen and I never use any screen protector.

9. cbreze macrumors 6502

cbreze

My 6 was maybe worse. My 7 has been fine after 6 months of use. No screen protector

10. Super Xander macrumors regular

Super Xander

I am in the same boat as you. My iPhone 6 and even iPad Air 2 have no scratches as all where my iPhone 7 is very common to get scratches. Thought the 7's display would be better against scratches than the older ones, but not my experience at all.

11. cababah macrumors 68000

Yeah, we are supposedly at gorilla glass 5 now or something? It's pathetic that they still haven't figured out how to make a scratch-proof or RESISTANT display on the iPhone.