Does the iphone 7 not come with free headphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Potatochobit, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Potatochobit macrumors regular

all my previous iphones came with them
    and if they plan to get rid of the jack input it seems like this would be common sense to include a free pair?

2. noobinator macrumors 601

They include a pair of lightning earpods and a lightning to 3.5 adapter.

3. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It comes with lightning ones that only work on the iPhone. It also comes with a 3.5mm adapter so you can toss the lightning ones in a drawer and use headphones that are compatible with the rest of the world.

5. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

I wouldn't call any of it free at the $650 starting price. In the box you will receive the following: iPhone, wired lightning headphones, 3.5mm Lightning adapter, lightning to USB cable & wall charger.

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Yes, yes, semantics are fun.:cool:

The new headphones and adaptor are included in the price of the phone, which hasn't changed from last year's prices.

7. Potatochobit thread starter macrumors regular

well thats a good thing then and it even comes with an adapter
    i think people are blowing this new headphone requirements way out of proportion

8. RedOrchestra Suspended

Are you saying they WON'T work on Lightning equipped iPads?

9. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

The product page for them says they'll work with all lightning equipped devices running iOS 10

http://store.apple.com/xc/product/MMTN2AM/A

10. noobinator macrumors 601

Trying to be snarky I'd say.

11. RedOrchestra Suspended

Hey thanks for that ... I thought there might be a software update requirement.

12. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I already use BT everything. The adapter I'll use for the Square magstripe reader as some people still don't have chips on their cards!

13. Mac 128 macrumors 601

Mac 128

Yes but the won't work with anything else.

Where is the 3.5mm source to Lightning headphone adapter? How are we supposed to use these on our MacBooks?

Guess iPhone 7 users are being encouraged to use the adapter with their old 3.5mm earbuds for maximum convenience with their existing Apple products.

It's not like there's even a new Mac people can buy that natively works with Lightning headphones.

14. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

This rest of the world nonsense is just that. How often do you use your iPhone earbuds with anything other than your phone. Do you have a host of other MP3 players that use those headphones.

I haven't plugged anything into my iPhone headphone jack in 3 months. I will have to run the adapter to connect the phone to my snowboard helmet speakers, but I may just get a shuffle or a nano for the mountain.

15. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

That's personal to you. I use headphones regularly on my iPhone, MacBook Pro, NVIDIA Shield remote for private listening regularly. As for the headphone jack on my iPhone it's also regularly used for the AUX connection to my car and home sound system. Just because you may not use it, doesn't mean that many others don't.

16. noobinator macrumors 601

Buy some $10 earpods on Amazon for your other devices.

17. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

It's interesting considering aftermarket lightning headphones work with iOS 9. Maybe iOS 10 is needed for the controls to work or something.

18. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

:p

19. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I use my headphones with my computer at least as often as I use them on my phone, that is not possible with lightning headphones. I also fly halfway often and when I do I don't want to have to buy a pair of headphones from the airline when I could just use my own, but the Lightning ones are about as useful as the two pin connector headphones that a lot of planes used to use.