Does the iPhone close apps when receiving a call?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Witn3ss, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Witn3ss macrumors newbie

I was wondering if the iphone closed the current application your currently on when you receive a phone call? Because i've heard from a couple that it does do that and i was wondering if the upgrades changed that.

Thank you :)

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

It depends what you mean by 'close'. When a call arrives you are taken to a different screen, but if you return to something like Google Maps afterwards you are taken back to where you were when the call came in.

3. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

umm ... it doesn't close it... but it does allow you to take the call and. And then when the call is done, it goes back to what you were doing ...

4. rayward macrumors 65816

As a general rule, apps don't close, even when you switch from one to another. Everything stays open and (for want of a better description) minimised. Everything should be as you left it when you return, although Safari may sometimes need to reload the page you were viewing when you left it.

The only ways to close apps are to press and hold the Home button until it returns to the Home page, or power off and restart. IN my experience this is only really necessary if you are abroad and you want to make sure that your apps are not running up data roaming charges without your knowledge.

5. Witn3ss thread starter macrumors newbie