Does the iPhone drop calls in the UK?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Downey92, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Downey92 macrumors member

Or anywhere else for that matter outside the US as i've never experienced a 'dropped call'.
    If it only appears to be an issue in the US then we can put it down to the piece of crap AT&T network and quit saying **** like, "LOLZ the iPhone is a phone that can't even make calls".

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

I've never had a dropped call in the UK that can't be put down to just going into a 'known' no signal area. This is with both numerous iPhones over the years, and a vast number of other phones.

3. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

I also only get dropped calls in 'known' blackspots and somewhere I know why I get dropped calls

4. nednarm macrumors 6502

Don't think I've ever had a dropped call, even with the antenna problems of my ip4.

5. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

Not here in Aviemore, which has been bad for siganl

6. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

Yeah I have since upgrading to iPhone 4. In my innocence I didn't really get what a "dropped call" was until recently - obviously if you're in a train going through a tunnel or something, then if you're in the middle of a call you get cut off.
    However, now with my magical new iPhone 4, I can be standing in a nice open place with apparently a good signal (the display says 4 bars - who knows what that actually means) and while talking to someone on the phone I get three little beeps, then when I look at the phone screen it says "Call Failed" with a retry button. This did not happen with my old iPhone 3G.

It's a really great feature and all my friends are very impressed :rolleyes:
    In fairness though, if I hold the phone in a really unnatural way (ie unlike in all the Apple videos for the iPhone 4) I can avoid the antenna issue. Not really ideal though!