Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do iPod's need screen protectos

• Yes

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters

ilikecorn500

macrumors member
May 16, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Repo said:

Um..... If you want to answer, click your choice and then click vote. Also, I don't really get the point of this poll. What does the person who put this up mean? He/she should be more specific.

JWalker1995

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Um..... If you want to answer, click your choice and then click vote. Also, I don't really get the point of this poll. What does the person who put this up mean? He/she should be more specific.

For general usage do ipods need screen protectors to stop scratches

Daria

macrumors regular
May 31, 2011
Northern California
For general usage do ipods need screen protectors to stop scratches

I voted Yes because if the screen of my iPod touch were to get a scratch or chip,
somehow, it'd be so painful to look at each time I used it.

My iPod touch has the full body skin from http://www.bestskinsever.com/. The coverage is barely
discernible, yet the original finish of both the screen and chrome on the back are totally protected.

Michael383

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2011
I've had my 4th gen iPod touch in a Griffin case which protects the back, top, and sides for over 5 months now and my screen is fine. I carry mine almost daily and all my screen has needed is a good cleaning.

emyholdem

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2011
Norwich, United Kingdom
In my opinion, its all about personal preference.

I prefer to leave the iPod as it is, the screen is meant to be scratch resistant, however after a few weeks of leaving the iPod protector free, i could notice a tiny scratch on the screen however it was impossible to see when the screen is turned on.

If you are very OCD about getting scratches, then yes, a front and a back cover is needed, but i think the main accessory you need is a case to protect the back, as the aluminum back does make the iPod look quite good if it is perfect.

iggypod

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
No. Unless, of course, it helps you sleep better at night.

I personally don't like the feel and have yet to have any scratches.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
Think your daft if you screen protect the ipod nano 6th gen, things so damn small lol personal preference suppose though ( yes I have 6th nano).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

n00bk1d

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2011
I voted no but that's just me. If you feel you need one then go ahead.

But the back of the iPod...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.