Does the iPod touch need a screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by ThugZilla, Dec 25, 2008.

1. ThugZilla macrumors regular

Ive had a screen protector on my iPod touch since I first got it, but I hate it. There's airbubbles on my screen, and a lot of lint. I want to take it off, but I have a feeling that my screen might get scratched. I know that its almost impossible to scratch the screen, but with just my luck it might lol. I keep it in its own separate pocket, where nothing goes in besides the iPod. So, does it really need a screen protector?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I've forcibly run my keys over my iPhone screen. Nothing happened. The only thing that can happen to the screen is you dropping it and it shattering, and no screen protector will save it from that.

3. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

yeah you need to be much more worried about the back of it. I've had mine for about a year and a half now and there is nothing wrong with mine. Just get a case that protects the back or a shield to protect it and you should be fine

4. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

I've got an Invisible Shield (IS) on (the front is ok, screen side) although the back has a few bubbles in it. However, i've got an incase protector on so I am not bothered as it covers the back.

Plus, the company who I bought the IS off, they were kind enough to send another IS as they seen my video (see sig) where they seen that bubbles had indeed appeared.

5. iOwnxD macrumors member

You don't really don't need a screen protector because you can't really scratch the screen. The worst that would happen is your nail scratches the screen and that doesn't do anything. Take it off if you don't care about finger prints and smudges.

6. zflauaus macrumors 65816

I say no, but for some reason, my iPod touch has a scratch (deep and noticable) about 2cm long. I have no idea how it showed up, but I say as long as you're careful with it, you're good.