Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jacg

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2003
UK
I used to use InDesign a lot but I now use Pages (from Apple iWork) for even my most complex projects. Being more Mac-like makes it very easy to use. When I have to go back to an old InDesign document I have to remember all the different Adobe conventions.

Good luck!

Aidoneus

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2009
You might try Scribus a free and open source Desktop publishing program.

I have plenty of experience with Scribus, and it's worth bearing in mind that when working with large files, you don't so much use it, as trick it into doing what you want. Anyone who's ever threaded a magazine with Scribus will know what I mean.

dtvarnum

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2009
Scribus is a wonderful Publisher replacement

You might try Scribus a free and open source Desktop publishing program.

I am a former/current Linux user. I switched to the Mac recently and love the OS/X. I continue to use the open source tools. In particular Scribus. I do a newsletter for a national workforce organization and Scribus does everything you want. Layers, bleeds, colors, mixed pages etc. It runs beautifully on 10.6x.

I used MS Publisher in a previous life. Scribus is much more robust I feel.

webKiss

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2012
Mac does offer a program similar to publisher...

Mac has a program called PAGES that is very similar to publisher and one called KEYNOTE that is very similar to powerpoint. Hope this helps!:p

I believe its in the iWorks package they offer, but I am not certain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.