Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oxband

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
I love my Mac mouse with the little ball but it's showing its age and often not working right. I need a new mouse.

I love the little ball in the mouse. It's super useful going sideways when editing film or audio. Does the magic mouse have the same capability? I see it has no ball on it, but perhaps its got that function by simply touching it.

danieldavis3924

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2015
The surface on the Magic Mouse is touch operated. You can swipe in any direction on it, much like a trackpad.

Hope this helps

oxband

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
Do you use it? Is it easy to hold it without accidentally moving the icon around?

Spoon!

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2018
Scientific approximation concludes that it is roughly 1.267 million times better than your Apple ball mouse.

Hater

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland
Comes with the added bonus of not having to clean it out after the scroll ball stops working every 5 seconds, but is still the most uncomfortable mouse ever. I highly recommend pretty much any mouse form any other manufacturer, I don't get how Apple has made mice and keyboards that are so uncomfortable to use for so long now

oxband

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
Scientific approximation concludes that it is roughly 1.267 million times better than your Apple ball mouse.

Dude, you sure? I was hoping for something 1.3 million times better. This is disappointing.

Reactions: artfossil
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.