Does the MagSafe really help prevent breaking the MagSafe

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by soupyjnr, Feb 3, 2008.

1. soupyjnr macrumors 6502

Hello

Just a quick question - does the MagSafe Magnetic Connector help prevent the inside of the MacBooks and the Magsafe from breaking? Ive watched a few videos on youtube which say otherwise - Has anybody ever tripped over your wire - was thier any damage?

2. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

it does if its the only cable connected to ur machine. ure out of luck it its connected to an external monitor or usb peripherals. obviously because those cables doesnt have the magsafe connector.

3. soupyjnr thread starter macrumors 6502

OK So if its charging, and only charging, and somebody comes in and trips - its ok...

4. macthille macrumors member

MagSafe has saved my computer a bunch of times, both in school and at home, when people run into the cable.
    In some of the worst cases my computer could easily have ended up on floor if it wasn't for the magsafe.
    Lucky me =)

5. Shannighan macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

i think your confused on what magsafe is all about. instead of having a plug that sticks firmly inside your laptop, the plug is held in magnetically so if you or somebody else happens to trip over the cord it will pull out of the socket instead of pulling your laptop off of the table/ w.e its sitting on.

6. Skyldig macrumors regular

I've tripped over my wire a couple of times, and every time the cable has fallen out as intended/promised. Works great i think.

7. soupyjnr thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I think I was confused too - thanks for clearin that up :)

Cool - so basicly, MagSafe really does save your computer!

8. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Yep. My kids several times have run past my machine, pulling out the MagSafe cable. The computer didn't move a millimeter, but would have otherwise ended up in pieces on the floor.

Hurray MagSafe! Damn kids!

9. sowillo14 macrumors regular

Yes, the best thing since....

[​IMG]

10. AirborneAngel macrumors 6502

Yup it works like a charm...ive tripped over mine 2-3 times and it has prevented my macbook from falling those 2-3 times.