Does the Mgm Employee site just not like Macs?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by NeGRit0, Jun 27, 2009.

1. NeGRit0 macrumors 6502a

NeGRit0

Ok, so my gf's room mate works at mgm and would like to access the employee site from home on her iMac. However whenever you browse to the site in Safari it appears to load, the errors out saying

"This site requires the use of JavaScript.

Please check your Internet Security settings."

So of course i went to preferences to make sure she has it enabled. She does along with regular Java as well. I noticed she was only on Safari 3.1 or something like that so i updated to Safari 4, and still no go.

I have a Penryn Blackbook, and can not access the site either. I tryed using Safari and Firefox, but still no go! Also, we were/are both using separate connections to access the web. She has DSL, and I am tethering from my cellular via WMWifiRouter.

So my question is this... Is it possible that no macs can visit this site? Also, if that is the case what would be the cheapest easiest way to get Internet Explorer running on her iMac so she can visit the site?

Try it out and let me know if you can get to the login, or even just past the "Initializing Application" screen. The url is http://www.mgmmiragemomentum.com

Sorry for the lengthy post, and thanks to all in advance!

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

If it requires an activex control you won't be able to get in I don't think. I'll load up Windows in Parallels and see.

Edit: Here is what IE shows. No ActiveX that I can tell. I'm not web browser smart enough to know why it won't load in Safari/Firefox.

Attached Files:

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

It can't be fooled with Explorer 7 or 8 in the Safari Developer Menu

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

4. NeGRit0 thread starter macrumors 6502a

NeGRit0

@Panda: Thats the login screen!
    EDIT: Did you read the screenie? "REQUIRES IE" Sorry guys, i had never been to the site so that was something i didnt know.

Thanks for the quick replies, for the life of me i cant understand why the site wont load in any mac browser.

Im no programmer, but i know may way around windows and mac quite well. I just dont get it... :confused:

What is the lightest and easiest to use just so i can run Internet Explorer on her iMac? (Crossover, Parrallels, VMware) She doesnt need the full blown windows to confuse her. Just to be able to run IE...

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

The "no JavaScript" error appears to actually be a generic catch-all error that the site redirects to after 30 seconds. It's doing some weird postback stuff. I'll try IE and see whether it works.

Edit: Not working in Mac IE either.

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Fusion and Parallels will require your own copy of Windows as well
    You might be able to get by with just Crossover + IE, but I am not sure

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

7. NeGRit0 thread starter macrumors 6502a

NeGRit0

@Macdawg: Thats what im hoping, just Crossover and IE

@Nermal: Thanks for trying.

EDIT: Does anyone have Crossover and IE that they could try?