Does the Mighty Mouse Wireless turns off itself?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by celebi251ca1, Aug 14, 2007.

1. celebi251ca1 macrumors newbie

I just got my iMac with the optional mighty mouse wireless and i was wondering if it turns off by itself when i shut down my iMac or is it still using battery power. i turned it off once while away for an hour and when i tried to turn it back on it couldn't connect with my imac. had to restart the imac manually for the mouse to work again. thanks in advance for your help!

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It goes to sleep when it's not in use. You probably needn't bother turning it off generally. When you do turn it off and then the iMac doesn't see it, just turn it back on and then click it and move it around a bit. If you pick it up, you'll see the light on the bottom (the LED it uses to detect position) blinking slowly -- this means it's looking for a partner.

3. celebi251ca1 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the fast reply! and as for the searching for a partner, it wa slike that for about 20 minutes and i moved it around and checked to see if the lgith was still blinking.

4. tardinha macrumors member

i have a (somewhat) related question. does anyone know if there's a keyboard shortcut, or a way to disable the mouse (or bluetooth), without having to turn it off?

i have a MBP, and often, i leave my desk and take it into another room. and it's only by the time i get comfortable, and open the lid, that i realise i left the mouse on. so i have to get up, and go back to the other room to turn it off.

thanks

Mark :)

5. Objectivist-C macrumors 6502

You can add the Bluetooth status icon to the menu bar and toggle it from there.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Also the mouse won't input unless it's actually moving, and it will go to sleep if the Mac moves out of range and stays out of range, so really, though, you shouldn't need to do anything in this situation. Just leave the mouse on the desktop and walk away. Unless perhaps you have the setting turned on that turns the trackpad off when the mouse is present?

7. tardinha macrumors member

i do. i suppose i could disable that. i know i enabled it for a good reason, but that escapes me right now :)

8. ImTheOne macrumors member

I have actually noticed that if you turn it off and on every time you use it, it kills the batteries quicker then it would if you just left it in stand by.

9. ray648 macrumors regular

I found that turning the mouse off when my iMac was sleeping would cause the iMac to wake at some point when it realised it no longer had a mouse. Took me a few days of being woken up in the middle of the night by the screen suddenly lighting up before I realised what was going on. Now I leave it on all the time and don't have a problem.

10. psingh01 macrumors 65816

I never turn mine off. It just goes to sleep on it's own if I don't use it. Then wakes back up after I click it.