iPod Does the new firmware update improve battery live for video???

abeyk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2006
Houston, TX
I'm just wondering if there is an improvement to the 5G battery life for video, i've heard some say it does :confused:

dwishbone

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2002
On the Moon
the 5G seems to have a little better battery life now on everything. for example i usually listen to my iPod all day at work and at the end of the day i am usually at the very least half to a quarter on the battery life. ever since the update its been at about 3/4 to half at the end of the day. video seems to play back a bit better and the battery does seems to last a little longer on the video. i wouldnt say its "ZOMG teh battery is l337" now...but it is a little better. if i had to guess on video it adds about 15-20 minutes from my early tests. ive heard others say they have gotten almost an hour extra time, but i find that a bit hard to believe. maybe i should try it.

sanford

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2003
Dallas, USA
If they get an hour extra time that's the same improvement as the new 30GB models. Music playback on the new 30GBs is supposed to be the same as the originals -- 14 hours.

I quit paying attention to the battery life on my 5G. I was one of the "iPod battery obsessives" since the very first model and I just had to change my life.

Dino451

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2006
I tested it the day the 1.2 software came out and noticed a extra 1 hour and 20 min more just playing videos( a total of 3H 20 Min est.) Just the day before the upgrade I happened to notice my battery only lasted a little over 2 hours. So there is a improvement. But no official word from Apple so it could be my imagination.:)

abeyk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2006
Houston, TX
Dino451 said:
I tested it the day the 1.2 software came out and noticed a extra 1 hour and 20 min more just playing videos( a total of 3H 20 Min est.) Just the day before the upgrade I happened to notice my battery only lasted a little over 2 hours. So there is a improvement. But no official word from Apple so it could be my imagination.:)
happy to hear