Does the new iMac come with a lightning cable for charging?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Wallabe, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Wallabe macrumors 6502a

Subject says it all. For charging the keyboard, mouse, trackpad.

2. whodatrr macrumors 6502a

whodatrr

3. theosg macrumors newbie

theosg

Depending upon the configuration you buy or configure, the answer may differ.
    New iMac with standard configurations comes with a lightning cable for keyboard and mouse.
    Build To Order:
    Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (Wired) and Wired Apple Mouse = No Lighting Cable
    Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (Wired) and Magic Mouse 2 = 1 Lighting Cable

Hope this helps.

4. Brewing macrumors newbie

If I ordered a Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad will I get two lightning cables?

5. whodatrr macrumors 6502a

whodatrr

No, if you order one or more peripherals that need charging, you'll get one cable.

6. Brewing macrumors newbie

That is a bummer since I didn't save any money vs buying it separate, and I would have gotten the cord. Had I known that I would have just bought one later.

7. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

I kicked up a stink over exactly this and got sent a 2m Lightning cable FOC.

Not putting up with that kind of stinginess from Apple. They should either give you two cables or charge £15 less for the trackpad add on.

8. twinsmommy macrumors newbie

twinsmommy

I just got a new IMac. Seriously, is it going to kill them financially to supply two lightning cables for the keyboard and the mouse? I was definitely a bit irritated. I was also shocked at how tiny the keyboard was. May be supplementing with a different keyboard if I don't get used to this one. Other than that, so far I am loving the new 27" IMac. I have had a black Macbook for almost 10 years. I had the RAM upgraded once but with Google Fiber and the fact that my Iphone6 wouldn't work on it since I can't upgrade it anymore, I decided it was time to go with a new one. I will continue to use the MacBook until that sucker dies!

9. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

If you persevere enough with support they should relent and sent you a second cable as they did for me. A good idea is to say if they don't just send you one, you'll return the whole computer, and re-order buying the trackpad separately! :)

10. twinsmommy macrumors newbie

twinsmommy

I would, but I have so many other Apple products that I have plenty of cables. Just needed to vent. It's just really cheesy of them to be stingy! Thanks for the advice though.