Does the new MacBook Pro display 16M colors AT LAST?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by verticalled, Oct 15, 2008.

1. verticalled macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I'm pretty sure every MBP user knows their machines had this real issue with not being able to display 16M colors but only 262 thousands or so and dealing with extrapolation on a software basis.

Did anyone check those new displays yet? Are those truly 24 bit (able to display 16M colors)? Can you post some links to such confirmations?

This is probably the key issue for any pro working on those machines, and I'm sure its gonna pop up soon if it already didn't.

Thanks a lot.

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

The new MBPs only display one thing, and that is the users reflection.

Honestly though I don't know I guess well have to wait and see.

3. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

WOW!!! Are you saying it has infinite contrast, and super-true color!?!?!?:D

4. MBX macrumors 65816

Jony Ive & Steve Jobs think that you don't need 16m colors since they're being obscured by your reflections anyway.

5. Timur macrumors 6502a

Timur

Question is wether there is any Notebook out there that comes with an 8-bit display (you can even be happy to get a desktop screen with at least 8-bit).

Most (if not all) of these are 6-bit TN panels. Does Apple use IPS or VA on their Notebooks? I once saw the viewing angles of the last Powerbook and it didn't look like TN to me, but I have no idea about anything coming after that.