Does the new redsn0w jailbreak for iPod touch 2nd Gen require UDID registration?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by celticpride678, Jun 10, 2010.

1. celticpride678

I installed iOS 4 on my 2nd generation iPod touch yesterday and am looking into getting background wallpapers and multitasking.

Today, the iPhone Dev Team released a new beta redsn0w jailbreak just for iOS 4 GM hacks, but I'm wondering on whether the device has to be registered using the UDID for the jailbreak to work.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

2. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

Nope. I've used it twice today and it works fine. Just make sure you don't have a MC model. Go to Settings > General > About and look at Model and if it starts with MC then I don't think it will work. I'm not sure what happens but there is a warning for it. Luckily mine is MB.

3. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

Mine says MB. I just want a few more opinions on this and I think I'll give it a go.

4. cobaltrich27 macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

Mine works

I just installed the ios4gm for 2g ipod touch MB model. I am a developer with my devices udid's registered. I didnt notice any request by itunes this time to register.

I can also confirm the ios4gm jailbreak works. I installed my custom firmware I made with redsn0w 0.9.5b5-1. The Cydia installed fine and after updates works great.

I installed sb settings but it doesnt work will do more research for this feature but overall the device is working fine after jailbreak and many other Cydia packages work great.

multitask works I can double tap to see running apps and hold each one in that list to turn off. Dont forget for the app to actually keep working when closed it must be made for 4.0 but the fast switching between apps is also nice and works. Folders & Wallpaper works. I dont see any user option for batt % that must be a iphone feature but a functional sbsettings will fix that in the future?

Almost forgot portrait lock works but you know I wish it was like my ipad I prefer to lock it in landscape maybe there will be an option to lock in either mode but for now only portrait.

BTW I just noticed your user ID go Boston!!!

5. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

Yeah, go Celtics!!!!

SBsettings probably requires an update to make it work with iOS 4.

I think I'm going to try and jailbreak it today.

6. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

Just to post an update: I jailbroke my iPod touch (2nd generation running iOS 4 GM) today and everything worked....took 5 minutes total and no registration was required...let me just add:

multitasking looks nice!!