Does the new update today include drivers for the newest MacBook pro's

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nippyjun, Mar 21, 2011.

1. nippyjun macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have a few year old MacBook pro. I will be getting a new model soon. I want to put my existing hard drive in the new unit without having to reinstall the os. I know that this has not been possible due to lack of drivers for the newest hardware. Does today's os update include drivers to allow this to be possible?

Thanks

2. MattBP macrumors member

The new sandy bridge models have a separate update file so I would say not sorry.

3. Kyzelios macrumors 6502

I believe the drivers are still separate, hence the reasoning behind two different updates for Mac OS X 10.6.7. I'm guessing that Mac OS X 10.6.8 will wind up bringing everything together again as far as drivers are concerned.

Your best bet would be to migrate to the new computer using Migration Assistant, either via FireWire to the old computer, Ethernet, or even placing your old hard disk in a USB or FireWire enclosure and connecting it to your computer.

4. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

I hate when Apple does this crap. Makes my job much more difficult.