Does the Next program still have hot spot?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mlw4411, Sep 14, 2014.

1. mlw4411 macrumors member

I have looked on the ATT web page but can't find the answer. I have the Family value share 10gb plan with 4 iPhones and we all use the hot spot for our laptops and iPads. It's included in our plan now, is it included with the Next plan?

2. rnizlek macrumors 6502

If you are talking about 'personal hotspot' or what I would call 'tethering,' yes, that is included in all NEXT plans. I use it on an almost daily basis.

3. Ghostbuster386 macrumors regular

Ghostbuster386

The mobile host spot is included to the mobile share plan. Next is only to pay for your phone.

4. bmms8 macrumors 68020

I wouldn't necessarily think of next as a "plan"

Your mobile share is the plan, "next" is the finance contract for the phone.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The data plan and the phone-payment plan aren't connected with AT&T. They have nothing to do with each other.

Whether you subsidize or get NEXT or bring your own phone, none of that changes what you're getting on tbe other side. If you currently have hot spots you'll continue having hot spots.

6. nostresshere macrumors 68030

NEXT is for the equipment. 100% totally separate from the service.

Your current plan gives you a hotspot. Does not matter if your phone is purchased outright, subsidized, on NEXT or purchased on ebay.

If you get a phone through any of the above options, your service plan will not be changed.

If you get it on next, it goes up by the monthly cost for next.

See this screen print

7. mlw4411 thread starter macrumors member