Does the Power of Apple Compell you?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Wicked1, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

In all the Fuzz Buzz about the new MB and MBP I think they are all good Notebooks, however I am truly happy with my Unibody MB 2.4/4GB that I purchased back in February. I am a little mif'd that the price went down, 4GB is now standard and better screen but nothing compelling for me to lay out extra Cash.:eek:

I think I will wait until the next Refresh for the 13.3, I tried the 15.4 it is too heavy and the 17 is just crazy and way too big, I like the size and features of the 13.3 so I am sticking with it.:D

Is anyone out there feeling the same way or will you upgrade? :rolleyes:

I wonder what all those ppl on eBay are going to do now with the Uni MB Classic's and the older MBP's, if they drop the prices there may be some good deals out there.:confused:

2. Geoff. macrumors 6502

Geoff.

Im a bit dissapointed that i could have waited and got a MBP instead of a Whitebook for not much more. But hey **** happens. This is my first mac and all i use it for is the internet , msn and general programs use. Will also be using it for school when i get back so i dont really need a 'Pro' mac

3. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Doesn't phase me I have the Unibody with the 2.4 CPU and 4 GB as well as 320GB HDD

This thing works perfect and the fact that I get nearly 4.5 hours of battery life, it far beats any windows Notebook on the market, besides I paid $1599 so by the time I would sell it, then place a new order, pay tax and S&H blah blah and so on, it would cost me way more then just keeping it.

I don't game anymore, I use it for websites, photos, Music, Video library etc, and web browsing as well as all types of internet stuff, so it fits my needs perfectly. The one thing I was glad I did buy was the uMB with the Backlit keyboard, that is a major plus for me :D

Good Luck in your decision

4. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

methinks not.

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I regularly get 3.5-4hrs no problem on my 2.0 model...and that's with the screen up at max or max-1 still...

6. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

I was referring to this:

"it far beats any windows Notebook on the market"

7. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

His statement holds mostly true if you look at windows machines not equipped with the optional 9-12cell packs/wedges that protrude big time from the case.

8. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Three and a half hours? I'm lucky if I get twenty minutes. :(

9. morrisman1 macrumors 6502

i just calibrated my battery today, it too 1:30 to deplete the battery with a cpu stress test going, and the screen at max brightness.

Some pc laptops struggle to get that idling! I usually get 4.5 hours out of a charge with med-high brightness and wifi on, bluetooth off.

10. Laroosco macrumors member

I bought a White MacBook about 2 weeks before they upgraded everything.

I guess I should keep up on this stuff. Next time I won't buy my Mac until after the WWDC. Either way, I love it and I've had no problems with it.

Quite an upgrade from my G4 iBook

11. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

I read in your sig you got it this month. Can't you work some exchange out?

12. Buskape macrumors 6502

Buskape

You can still return it and pay couple extra to get a 13" Macbook Pro 2.26ghz, totally worth it!

13. rd261 macrumors regular

I got the early 2008 blackbook and Im still perfectly happy with it. The screen is not the best out there but for what I use it is perfect. I got 4gb and a 2.4 processor which is pretty fast for what I do. So there's no upgrade for me in a while. :apple:

14. gligo macrumors newbie

Larosco,

Is in your whitebook better screen as in previous versions? I have last Macbook black and screen quality is not so good. Mine screen is 9C5B Samsung I suppose.
    I intend to buy a newest whitebook, so please, tell me, if there is a better screen build in?
    Regard...

15. Buskape macrumors 6502

Buskape

Definately better.

16. gligo macrumors newbie

Buskape,

Thank you, I am very pleased with that information, could you give me your screen model number? Mine is 9C5B

Regard