Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lcseds

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
NC, USA
I'm looking for a portable to do some photo editing and storing. Probably will settle on Aperture or Lightroom with the NIK plug ins. Last time I ran Aperture on a macbook 13" (like a 2006 model), the fan wound up pretty good and stayed running the whole time with Aperture. Not a pleasant experience. Has anyone noticed a lot of fan activity on the 13" when running either of these apps? Thanks.

salacious

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2011
I'm looking for a portable to do some photo editing and storing. Probably will settle on Aperture or Lightroom with the NIK plug ins. Last time I ran Aperture on a macbook 13" (like a 2006 model), the fan wound up pretty good and stayed running the whole time with Aperture. Not a pleasant experience. Has anyone noticed a lot of fan activity on the 13" when running either of these apps? Thanks.

i have a 2011 macbook pro 13" early 8gb ram, 750gb seagate momentus hybrid, and it runs fcpx, aperture same time fine...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.