Does the rMBP eat more battery then the cMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by entraik, Aug 20, 2012.

1. entraik macrumors 6502a

does the rMBP have better battery life than the cMBP or are they equally about the same in battery life? Thanks.

2. BB.King macrumors regular

The retina mbp have same battery life as the regular mbp even with larger battery (on Apple site). I can get 8hrs with retina doing normal office work, web browsing on wifi and 50% brightness. If using the 650m graphic card (running virtual windows) 6hrs is the best I got, lastly playing HD videos will drain the battery in 3 to 4 hrs (66-75% brightness).

3. entraik thread starter macrumors 6502a

hmm different answers here.. haha.

Have there been any tests done by websites dealing with the battery life between the two?

4. entraik thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. borisiii macrumors 6502

Yes. My rMBP eats more battery. And then it eats my cMBP.

then != than

Seriously though, both are near as makes no difference seven hours.

6. tivoboy macrumors 68030

Nqa

No question about it, that retina screen drains a LOT of battery. But, with a lot MORE battery it ends up being about the same.

7. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

True. I'm sure as Apple continues to debug ML, it will only get better. I'm going to wait & watch. Perhaps by 10.8.4, it will be sorted out enough to reduce the annoyances. Refinement is an Apple specialty.

8. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Yes, but you have to consider that the rMBP has a rather large battery. If the cMBP had a battery with the same capacity, it would probably last even longer on a single charge.