Does the T-Mobile iPhone 6 Plus exist?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacintoshJosh3, Sep 23, 2014.

1. MacintoshJosh3 macrumors regular

I am beginning to wonder if there might be a reason as to why there hasn't been replenishment of the T-Mobile iPhone 6+. Here are some theories..

The T-Mobile iPhone 6 + is the same model (hardware wise) that will be sold in the other countries releasing on September 26th.

Apple is attempting to minimize the amount of unlocked phones purchased and sold in China, therefor making all US shipments the carrier models.

I have checked Apple.com no less than 250 times for the iPhone 6+ on T-Mobile in each color in both 64 and 128gb flavors since launch and have yet to see one show available anywhere in a tri-state radius (I am in Ohio).

When calling T-Mobile stores locally their response is that they do not except to receive a SINGLE shipment of 6+ inventory for in store purchase until the middle part of November. Yet the other carriers seem to be receiving , although extremely limited, stock throughout the week.

It seems as if Apple, or at least the representatives at my local stores (I have 2), are not willing to disclose any information on overall availability of the T-Mobile model or when they expect to have *any* amount in stock.

When in line this morning prior to opening (approx #25 at 9:00am) the rep stated "All 6+ models have been spoken for, we did have them earlier but all have been sold, we have all variations of the 6 in limited stock. We have zero T-Mobile phones available".

Are all the scalpers only purchasing T-Mobile phones because they are "unlocked" therefor removing all potential of us getting them or is Apple simply done shipping T-Mobile replenishment for the time being?

Would love to hear some thoughts, especially of anyone has found a T-Mobile 6+ in an Apple Store since Friday.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My experience has been the polar opposite of yours. Everywhere I've gone too, the only iPHone 6+ available have been T-Mo. Its like everyone wanted the ATT/VZW IP6+ but avoided the T-Mo like the plague.

3. MagnusF macrumors regular

I have a t-mobile 6+ which i got from Apple on launch day

4. sometimesido macrumors member

Yes, I'm listening to Spotify on my T-Mobile preordered 64GB iPhone 6 Plus in Silver. It definitely exists. Have not seen another one in the wild though. I'm sure you'll get yours soon or later.

5. gpatrick15 macrumors regular

I ordered mines over the phone (started online, but called telesales with a question and they finished the order) nearly a full 4 days after the preorder period opened, and despite claims that I wouldn't receive either of my devices (my wife got the 6) until mid October at best, they sent my phones over the weekend and I received them both yesterday afternoon. There's hope for those looking for the T-Mobile 6 Plus.

6. milhouse994 macrumors regular

I am wondering this too! I preordered a 6+/64GB/grey for T-Mobile on 9/12 and got a 3-4 week delivery estimate. Of course I can wait, but since many others on these forums have had luck in finding phones quicker for local pickup I thought id try the same. No such luck. I live in Los Angeles so have about a dozen Apple stores within a 45 minute drive and NONE of them have shown any 6+ T-Mobile stock at all.

7. MacintoshJosh3 thread starter macrumors regular

What is your location? Just the state will work fine..

----------

I feel your pain, as I stated I have even tried to wait at the Apple Store and no one in line had reserved one and they had none available for sale.

8. utl768 macrumors 6502

got mine in the mail on fri at launch from tmobile.com

one white gold 16 gb iphone 6 plus and one grey black iphone 6 plus 64gb

9. IpadMania macrumors regular

10. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Not surprised. AT&T and VZW actually have good networks around here. T-Mobile doesn't. Not even remotely.

11. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

Not necessarily interested in the thread other than you mentioning "Tri-State Area" then saying Ohio. You aren't, perhaps, from the WV, KY, OH tri state area, are you?

12. MacintoshJosh3 thread starter macrumors regular

I live in Ohio, mostly checking Indiana and Michigan just for curiosity purposes, I would not drive there to pick up an iPhone.

13. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

Our Apple store did not have any T-Mobile phones either. We bought AT&T phones instead and they were unlocked. There's no difference with either phones if you buy without contract.

Our T-Mobile store has a 6 week waiting period on the 6 Plus.

14. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

I got one on 9/20 through reserve online at 3am. It's the greatest thing ever. Oh and I got it in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

15. joshkhaos1 macrumors 6502

I just checked for the heck of it and the 128gb gold model is available for pickup today at my local Apple Store, for T-Mobile.

16. milhouse994 macrumors regular

... and where is that?

17. MacintoshJosh3 thread starter macrumors regular

What part of the country?

18. joshkhaos1 macrumors 6502

This would be the Apple store at the Altamonte mall. Central Florida, just outside of Orlando.

----------

Scratch that. I was looking at a regular 6, not a 6 Plus. Sorry guys, false alarm.

19. MacintoshJosh3 thread starter macrumors regular

It's all one gigantic conspiracy.

20. CEmajr macrumors 601

Haha yes it exists. Naturally with T-Mobile being a large order of magnitude smaller than AT&T/VZW, they probably get less priority when it comes to device shipments. I know a few people who have received their 6 Plus from T-Mobile already. None of my local stores actually received stock though they had to order online.

21. wonslung macrumors member

Yes. I am on tmobile and replying to this on an iPhone 6 plus 128gb. Pre ordered on the 12th and got my phone on the 20th.

22. uwdude macrumors 6502a

Yes I got a T-Mobile iPhone 6 Plus 64gb space gray on Sunday by being up in the middle of the night (around 2:30am Sunday), and stalking Apple.com refreshing the availability for in-store pickup. Some came up for all the Orlando area stores (but not Tampa where I live). But anyway given the short supplies I decided to drive to Orlando and pick it up. They're out there, but they go fast, as soon as they appear. It's true everybody in the Apple store and the mall were amazed I was able to get one on Sunday like that. But I would advise trying in the middle of the night when they update stock.

23. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

24. AE14 macrumors 65816

AE14

It exists. Mine arrived today. 64gb silver. I ordered on 9/18.

25. IBJanky macrumors member

IBJanky

I'm getting my 64GB 6+ tomorrow.

Pre-ordered 09/12/14