Does the top part of your Magic Mouse 2 move from side to side?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kanshu, Oct 14, 2015.

1. kanshu macrumors newbie

I got my Magic Mouse 2 today and noticed that the top part of the mouse slightly moves from side to side and I do not remember this on the first gen Magic Mouse which I used to own but do not have it any more.

I ordered online yesterday so I wasn't able to test it out/compare in the store. Just curious if this is by design or just mine?

2. awests macrumors regular

My magic mouse OG does this, I would either return it and see if a new one does the same or just live to love it.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

It will probably have a little play but not much.

4. conscell macrumors newbie

My Magic Mouse 2 has a small gap between the top part and the button inside (0.1~0.2 mm). When I scroll or use other gestures it feels like a small click.

5. kanshu thread starter macrumors newbie

I most likely won't return it and play Apple's lottery to see if I get a "better" mouse.

Yep, it does have a little play to it and as conscell said, "it feels like a small click", which, to me, doesn't feel right.

I mean, according to the Magic Mouse designers, they've spent time making sure that the Magic Mouse 2 sounds right when it glides then why not "fix" the play on the top part of the mouse.

http://www.techinsider.io/apple-magic-mouse-2-sound-2015-10

6. conscell macrumors newbie

Today I received a replacement mouse. The top part slightly moves from side to side, but fortunately there is no gap between the top part and internal button. I am going to keep it, because the previous one was much worse. I wonder if a perfect mouse, like from the first generation even exist.