Does the touch come with Itunes CD?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bmizz, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Bmizz macrumors member

I know it is an ignorant question I am sure but I haven't bought an ipod for a few years now and the box for the touch looks too small to have the itunes CD in it.

2. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

Here's a message to the world:

FROM NOW ON YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD ITUNES FROM THE INTERNET!!!!!

THANK YOU!!

3. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

No better way to say it
    :D

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

a simple no it isnt but is available online would suffice....

5. Mitch1984 macrumors 6502

Mitch1984

It's better not having it on CD, it means people download the most current version

6. Bmizz thread starter macrumors member

LMAO, I stated it was an ignorant question so I expected to get the shaft. I will have many more ingnorant questions I am sure. Matter of fact I have one now for you...When trying to transfer my itunes from my old PC to my new macbook pro via external HD I cannot seem to get the itunes to transfer over. By this I mean, I connect to my PC, drag my itunes icon to the HD, then when I drag it to the macbook pro I get two things. First it tries to bring up the itunes that came pre installed on my macbook, second all I get is a shortcut itunes that has nothing attached to it. How do I do this with any success? Do I uninstall the itunes that came on my macbook? What do I need to drag into the HD from my PC to get more than just a shortcut when transferred? Feel free to let me have it, I have thick skin and can take the abuse.......:eek:

7. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

go to the apple site and download the pdf manuals for the touch.

go to the itunes section and read up on how to download and add tunes to your ipod.

it took me a few days to learn how to do things.

i did have a computer that was given to me with 4 gigs of itunes which was a plus.;)

good luck.

8. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

Oh, i'm new to this ipod stuff so i never even knew it came on a disc before haha. It's good that it doesnt though -- it would be a waste of cd's considering they sell millions of ipods.

9. porg1969 macrumors newbie

not to mention Apple is going "green", meaning to include a cd of itunes with every iPod equals wasted material when all one has to do is go on the net and download it.

10. osirisX macrumors regular

Use the version of iTunes that came on your Macbook. Bring over your iTunes library from your PC. Then import it into iTunes. Also make sure the version of iTunes on your Macbook is up to date. To check go the Apple menu and then choose Software Update and check for any updates.

If you have any more questions dont hesitate to ask.

11. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

no it has one of those really small cds in it. o and it come with the music of whoevers artist is on the box. /sarcasm

12. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

yeah...

You shouldn't be transferring the program itself, you should be transferring your iTunes library which is where your songs are stored.

perhaps someone more familiar with a pc can tell you where they are stored.

13. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

We've got a guide here at MR on this topic: http://guides.macrumors.com/Copying_Music_from_your_old_PC_to_new_Mac

Apple has their own guide here using an iPod to carry the files, but you could just substitute an external HDD:
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300173

B

14. MartyMoe macrumors regular

The music, on a PC, traditionally lives in My Doucments\ My Music\ iTunes\ iTunes Music ; at least that it the default location. If they are not there, then do a search in Windows for a song you know you have, and it will tell you the location.

15. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

I like it when people ask this question when holding the box...like somehow magically the CD fits in there or something...

16. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

The way that I transferred my library was pretty simple, since I had a pretty small library (only about 450 songs), on my PC I made a backup-dvd of my library through iTunes, and then I plopped the dvd into my Macbook when I got it and all I had to do was type in my password to authorize the computer and then I was all set. Hope this helps.

17. tobenning macrumors member

Go to your Windows iTunes, Edit, Preferences, Advanced tab, General tab. For your iTunes Music folder location, set it to your external hard drive, check "Keep iTunes Music folder organized" and "Copy files to iTunes folder when adding to library". Press OK. File, Add File to Library and select your old iTunes folder. All your music will be imported to your external drive. Plug the drive into your MacBook Pro and import all the files off your external drive into your MacBook Pro's iTunes folder.

18. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

I didn't mean it in an angered/bad way, Its just so that other posters don't have to repeat the same answer again and again and again...

Sorry if I p!ssed you of!

Thanks,

AMS

19. Bmizz thread starter macrumors member

Believe me I know this. I am not one to get all pissy about an internet comment. You never can truly tell how a person is relaying something over the net. Plus I am a big boy and can take anything you guys can throw at me. I am just a Mac newb and am trying to get the hang of it all. I finally went to PC rehab and kicked that habit so now I am where I need to be with my macbook pro.

20. weckart macrumors 68040

The CD is in the box under the white bag containing the earphones and charger cable. Apple had to fold it in half to get it in.