Does the trackpad have a loud click?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by C64, Oct 22, 2010.

1. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

For the new MacBook Air owners: how loud is the click on your trackpad?

I have a black MacBook which has the separate button (pre-glass trackpad). It's almost completely silent. On almost every unibody MacBook Pro though, the click is really loud and can sometimes even be heard in the next room.

How is this with the new Airs? Still loud or not really noticeable? I like to click instead of tap, but not if everyone can hear my neurotic clicking all day long :)

2. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

3. potatis macrumors 6502a

potatis

Does the new 13" version have a button like the old MBA?

4. C64 thread starter macrumors 65816

C64

No.

5. Gonky macrumors regular

Gonky

Just enable 'tap-to-click' in trackpad settings. Problem solved :)

6. Stetrain macrumors 68040

It's perfectly silent once you enable tap-to-click :D

7. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

I disable tap to click. Too weary of accidental clicks. :(

8. C64 thread starter macrumors 65816

C64

I don't like to tap. I usually rest my hand on the trackpad while browsing/scrolling, and when tapping is enabled that causes a lot of accidental clicks which is pretty annoying :)

This is what I mean btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K29jpgK1TPg

9. Adidas Addict macrumors 65816

Adidas Addict

Wow, didn't think anyone actually clicked nowadays:eek:

10. C64 thread starter macrumors 65816

C64

11. Mj2sL macrumors newbie

I picked up the 11.6" version today and the trackpad click is a higher pitched sound than the 13" MBP a friend of mine has. The MBP has more of a 'solid' click, while the Air has a clickier-click if you know what I mean. It's a slightly unpleasant click in my humble opinion. I prefer tap to click. Click is not (much?) louder than the MBP though. It's just less 'solid' sounding and still significantly louder than pressing the space-bar.

12. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Weird, I use the click for dragging and selecting text but that is about the extent of it.

Tap to click all the way, completely silent and I don't think I have ever had an accidental click on the new glass trackpads.

13. re2st macrumors regular

The trackpad is exactly like on all other macbooks. You can physically click it, or you can set tap to click with it.

14. DWIM macrumors newbie

On new Mac Air, re trackpad: When I click on the normal area to left-click, there's a clicking sound. It sounds more like a physical clicking than something you can turn on & off. Yes, I've searched (that's how I found this thread) & yes, I've read thru this thread. I've tried the 'tap to click', all to no avail. This is more like (to me) the 'clickier-click' mentioned above. I've be happy with just the tactile feedback when doing a left mouse click on this trackpad. Anyone else have this? How to reduce sound / remove?