Does the UK iBook store have any magazines yet?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sweetie81, Nov 9, 2010.

1. sweetie81 macrumors regular

I couldn't find any sort of magazines to be honest and those would be a good reason to sound some money on the iBook store. Not that interested in books yet as I prefer holding books in my hands and they're easier to handle whilst cuddled up in bed. Anyway does anyone know if any magazines will start offering contend on iBooks?

Couldn't find TopGear or other magazines in the UK store. In some YouTube video I think there was a preview of the iPad and a magazine was shown. Does anyone know something about magazines coming to the store in the UK?

My search didn't return the results I hoped of getting unless my search phrase wasn't that precise which I can't believe.

Many thanks guys.

2. mikechan1234 macrumors 6502

I think magazines will have their own apps. Like wired magazine.

3. longdogs macrumors regular

Try Zinio. Works very well. Lots of magazines - individual copies and subscriptions are often significantly cheaper than the paper versions.

4. sweetie81 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys will have a look around and try Zinio :)

5. awg454 macrumors newbie

6. imacken macrumors 65816

Just be careful with Zinio as their prices shown do not include VAT. You only see it when you pay! I have had communications with them about this.

Also, Zinio just has 'straight' versions of the mags. No iPad specific format. For a good example, look at the T3 iPad app issue of the latest T3 mag, and then look at the Zinio version. Chalk and cheese! (Zinio £3.51, T3 app £3.99.)
    Also, to see what really can be done, look at the (free) latest issue of iGizmo. Very impressive.