Does the Verizon iPhone 4 work in Taiwan without unlocking?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SLAPSHOTW, Aug 15, 2011.

1. SLAPSHOTW macrumors member

Hi everyone!

Can anybody confirm, for an absolute fact, if the Verizon iPhone 4 works in Taiwan, specifically Taipei, without unlocking it? Verizon gives mixed signals. They claim Taiwan has CDMA but also make a note about compatibility problems. I'm know the roaming, etc... will be expensive, but I just need to know if it will work.

Has anybody actually been to Taiwan with a Verizon iPhone 4 and had it work, roaming on the CDMA signal?

Thanks!

2. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

3. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_10 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E600 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm not sure about the CDMA signal, but I can Tell you that Verizon's iPhone cannot be unlocked. It can be flashed to other CDMA carriers but not unlocked. I suggest calling Verizon and asking. They will likely know where their phone will work. I could also be wrong lol.

4. SLAPSHOTW thread starter macrumors member

I called them, and the 2 representatives I spoke to weren't 100% sure.

5. kleinias macrumors regular

I cannot confirm that it does, but according to this link, it looks like it should (at least to some extent or another).

http://b2b.vzw.com/international/Roaming/Asia-Pacific/Taiwan.html