Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mzsigler

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2015
Memphis, TN
I'm on Tmobile right now, and plan to stay on tmobile through the end of the year. I might switch to Verizon early next year depending on where I end up moving. I can pick up a new in box 7 Plus Verizon version right now. Will I have any issues just putting my Tmobile sim in it or do I need to have him open it up and put his Verizon sim in it to activate it?

vngannxx

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2009
Short Answer- No.

The FCC requires Verizon to sim unlock their LTE phones. No activation needed. Just insert your sim card (T-Mobile/ATT/International) before booting up. I'm using a T-Mobile SIM on a Verizon iPhone 7 Plus, and it works great.

mzsigler

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2015
Memphis, TN
Short Answer- No.

The FCC requires Verizon to sim unlock their LTE phones. No activation needed. Just insert your sim card (T-Mobile/ATT/International) before booting up. I'm using a T-Mobile SIM on a Verizon iPhone 7 Plus, and it works great.

Yeah I know it will be sim unlocked, I just didn't know how activation will work.

Mosi

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
The Nations Capital
If you buy the phone outright there is no issue. If you want to buy on the upgrade program or installment plan you will have to activate on Verizon. Trust me, it happened to me. Ended up paying outright.

Reactions: mzsigler

mzsigler

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2015
Memphis, TN
If you buy the phone outright there is no issue. If you want to buy on the upgrade program or installment plan you will have to activate on Verizon. Trust me, it happened to me. Ended up paying outright.

Awesome, thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.