Does the warranty cover this?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sief9, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Sief9 macrumors newbie

I think my warranty ends this month, but anyways, I dropped it a couple times, one time across the whole kitchen floor, and one time onto a marble floor.

So now the headphone jack is totally messed up. It doesn't play anything into the left headphone unless you wiggle it around a little and find a good spot. Or put some pressure onto it (Like keep on pulling it to the outside).

Will they cover that? Or am I screwed?

Also, is there anyway I can play like, an extra 200 bucks and get the new iPod? Or anything?

2. calculus Guest

calculus

No, warranty doesn't cover damage (even if accidental).

3. njguyfla macrumors member

I saw the new Ipod Touch for $229 with 8 gigs memory.

4. ukitali macrumors newbie

Have you tried different headphones with it? Are you sure its the jack?

5. slidetounlock macrumors regular

Yeah the warranty should cover your carelessness, and utter horrid treatment across the kitchen floor, go to the store, they'll help ya :rolleyes:

Did you really have to ask?

6. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

What about white pixels? It doesn't really bug me, but if I can get a new/refurbished one out of the deal, I'd bring it in. Anyone know?

7. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

It'll be worth a try, but you won't get a new one, only a refurb of the model you have (using the assumption you have a 1st generation touch).

8. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    +1!

It amazes me the amount of people who break their stuff and want to "cheat the system" and get something for nothing! You broke it, you pay for it! :mad:

9. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Hold it a second guy, the OP wasn't asking the forum for any sneaky ideas so Apple doesn't find out that abused the iPod, he only wants to know if the warranty covers it or if he could he pay the difference for a new one? I think it's better to ask the forum rather than embarrass himself at the Apple store.

10. linden macrumors regular

linden

:apple:Dont mean to steal this thread but...I was wondering if the warrenty covers stuff like the wifi not working proberly. And will they whoud send it away to fix it or give me a new one on the spot?

11. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

12. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

5 times replaced

I'd say go for it. I''ve returned my ipod video for over 5 times because of your issue. Everytime they replaced it. The last time they replaced it with the newer iPod classic.

13. only macrumors regular

lol issue.

what other euphemisms can you think of to distance/absolve yourself from any personal responsibility?

14. only macrumors regular

uh huh...

sorry but you've got to be either a gigantic moron or desperately fishing for loopholes if you had to ask anywhere as per the situation described in the OP.

15. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    :confused: