Does the Watch Display ALL Notifications?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Kent01, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Kent01 macrumors 6502

While I patiently await the arrival of my 38mm Space Grey Sport (finally!) I was wondering if the Watch reports all notifications from the phone or only ones through compatible apps?

For example, Dark Sky will notify you of a change in weather and is officially supported by the Watch. If I receive a message from Tinder, for example, will the notification appear on my Watch even though it is not advertised as being supported?

Thanks.

2. Shawzborne macrumors 6502a

Shawzborne

Yes it shows ALL Notifications. That is if you want it to

3. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

I believe it does. I use "Withings" app on my iPhone and have been getting Notifications on my watch even though it's not supported.

4. Brett1203 macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

Yes, I get Facebook notifications even though Facebook doesn't support it, basically if your phone gives you the notification, your watch mirrors it unless you select to turn off for certain apps, I turned off the notifications to my watch for Facebook

5. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

Some apps "buzz" the watch and not the iPhone when u are wearing the watch.

6. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

if the notification is on, on your phone it will show on the watch. If you turn a notification for an app off in the notification center on your phone, it will not longer come to the watch.

7. Kent01 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah awesome!

Thank you all for your input. I'm more excited now.

I'm not so excited by the disappointing experience people are having with range. Since it's been advertised as working with a combo of BT + WiFi I was expecting to leave my bag in my office and travel up/down several floors while still receiving info.

Does anyone know if I can receive the notifications from my Watch if I am beyond Bluetooth range but still on the same WiFi network?

8. jjlannoo Suspended

you would still get imessages. I think they said imessages and siri will work. I'm not sure what else.

9. Shawzborne macrumors 6502a

Shawzborne

10. Kent01 thread starter macrumors 6502

So I will be able to receive phone calls from 3 floors up beyond Bluetooth range but one the same WiFi network?