Does the what did they say work outside iTunes?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by h00ligan, Apr 26, 2016.

1. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Does the feature where you ask what they said, it rewinds and turns on subtitles work for any apps other than Apple bought content? What about any other advanced features? Part of me wants to try the new appletv due to unified search but I have unified search on TiVo - it's just a little slow. So I look for other cope long reasons. The one in the title is the most appealing as I'm constantly being interrupted when I watch stuff (shh!) but I have a feeling most of the advanced features work when you buy apple content and not anywhere else.

Can any owners list advanced features which work with Netflix Etc?
    --- Post Merged, Apr 26, 2016 ---
    Sorry I should also ask. Things like show me the most popular movies - can that be limited to Netflix. There's still no Amazon prime right ? Can we turn off paid content or is it always first in search results? That's one thing that bothers me about Roku.

What about Von support. I'm English in America can I log into the uk store get iplayer and use my Vpn to stream?

Things like bt sport can do it on iPad. Some can some can't. Depends on the location technology but here has to be a VPN setting on the Apple TV

I have a lot of devices which can play streaming content but if I can use the VPN Get the replay function. stream me nglish stiff. Get unified results excluding content to be ourchased and limited to my subscription services. That may be a reason to buy one.

2. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

Yes, but not everything. Comes with a 30 day return period -- try it out and see if it works out for you.