Does the White iPhone 4 get show dirt up?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Caris, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

I've just done a search and surprisingly didn't find an answer.

Does the white iPhone show up dirt getting trapped in between little gaps bad? By this I mean the small gap that surrounds the home button. I can't see how dirt won't collect in places like this and I'm worried the phone will look horrible after a few month.

I want a white 4S but this is the only thing that concerns me.

Thanks.

2. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Good question. I would think so too, also o would imagine the plastic surrounding the glass would get dirty too.

I would be afraid that new dark jeans pockets would cause some of the indigo to rub off on the plastic.

3. Caris thread starter macrumors 6502a

Caris

I've also just read the home button is plastic and that can discolour over time. Can anyone who has got a white iPhone 4 clear this up please?

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

If you choose white, you can expect to see dirt. Humans are not the cleanest things. Device parts have been known to discolor over time, too.

I buy black:eek:

5. Captain America macrumors 6502

Crap. And here I was thinking that I would have a better (in terms of cleanliness and lack of visible scratches) phone because I chose white. I really hope it isn't a problem.

6. tpavur macrumors regular

Look at anything white in your house, if you have a wii controller look at that... Look at the white Mac books, they all get dirty.

That's why mainly females get white, they are less likely to get their pretty phones dirty. Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen a guy with a white iPhone before. I know there are some out there, I just haven't seen them.

7. gimmeiphone macrumors 6502

even after lugging filthy crates around at work blackening my mitts, its still stayed white, even the plastic bit

8. ann713 macrumors 6502a

In 3 months of ownership, I haven't experienced any discoloration or yellowing any where on the device. To answer your question, yes, dirt will get in between the home button and outer edges. It's nothing a pin or a needle won't pry off. White is gorgeous! I would't let this stop you from getting it. :)

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Oh here's the "females get white" inane comments again. Jesus. :rolleyes:

I assume white will show that gunk in the crevices but as with both colors, one would or should clean the phone now and then.