General Does these specific tweaks work with the 7.1 Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BrianBaughn, Jun 27, 2014.

1. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Anyone know?

AppSilence
    DisableCoverFlow7
    Safehouse Pro
    SMS on GV7

2. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

3. BrianBaughn thread starter macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Common sense says if your tweaks are not on the list he provided (or the numerous other lists already published here and other locations on the Web), then they do not fully (or partially) work on 7.1.1 jailbreak.

An obviously, you cannot be the only person inquiring about those tweaks working or not working on 7.1.1, so you performing a Google search would likely help you determine that.

5. BrianBaughn thread starter macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Common sense tells me that unless a list is dynamically updated (like Adam Insull's on zoho docs) it is an unreliable source as to which tweaks don't work.

I did search Google, hence my obvious-to-most sarcasm.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Hey the good thing is 7.1.1 is still signed.
    So you can install and test them out yourself and let us know if they work.
    If they don't you can either remove them or if they cause fatal problems you can just restore and JB again.

7. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

DisableCoverFlow7 works. One of the first go-to tweaks I add on a new jailbreak!

8. BrianBaughn thread starter macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

If they don't work I don't want to leave 7.0.x.

----------

Thanks for that.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

10. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Dynamically updated? In the time that someone responds to your question a tweak could be updated, therefor asking is here is an unreliable source in your logic.

Face it, you're lazy and don't want to research, so you ask others to do it for you.

It's fine... but don't play it like it's anything else from laziness.

11. BrianBaughn thread starter macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

That is a bizarre post. I was looking for firsthand knowledge and not for anyone to do research. In addition to this post I've been searching for updated info on the specific tweaks. I'm thinking that if you took the time to check my record here you wouldn't make disparaging remarks as to my character. You're wrong...plain and simple. I do not assume that any queries you've made in these forums have been due to laziness but if I did I wouldn't bother posting that opinion.

12. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

That doesn't even make any sense. The lists that are published aren't some magically published lists that write themselves. It's a collaboration of many users providing feedback as to what works and what doesn't. And to say that it's not updated, I challenge you to look at the Zoho Sheet and find a version that's not the most current version. You're not going to win points and get people to want to help you if you don't at least take a little initiative to figure it out first.

Here's the list in case you want to review it before asking next time:

https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/published.do?rid=yjvcr05b6df3bf7784cd7b1fa807cbb25436b

13. BrianBaughn thread starter macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

shenan1982...I apologize for not realizing that you don't fully understand what I've asked and posted here in my thread.

14. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

So instead of apologizing that I'm not understanding, how about you clarify what you want to know? Because the questions you've asked are answered in that spreadsheet.

15. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

CustomCover is listed as not working yet a fix today allows it to now function properly.
    (One of my favorite tweaks!)

16. BrianBaughn thread starter macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Hey man. When I asked...none of them were. I realized you didn't know that since your first post was 25 hours later. Like I said...Adam's list is updated. Impossible for you to know what was on it 25 hours before you posted.

It's time to move on, shenan1982. Maybe someday we can actually help each other on here.

17. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

There have been 3 major lists of jailbreak tweak compatibilities since the inception of jailbreaking iOS... to say the list wasn't available when you checked is utter garbage. Glad you can justify it to yourself tho. Hopefully next time you'll search, that's my only advice.

18. BrianBaughn thread starter macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Then again...maybe not!

19. mrcowdude20 macrumors regular

Why even update if your jailbroken on 7.0.x already? Seems to me like many tweaks aren't working on 7.1.x. Boggles me that some people think that you NEED to be on the latest version.

If you have everything you need, why change a thing?

Oh, yeah, how do you expect anyone to help you if you start bickering at them your second post? Next time, please look at the other 199999999 threads that basically have the exact same thing.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1747784&page=2 is a real good thread to look at.

https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/published.do?rid=yjvcr05b6df3bf7784cd7b1fa807cbb25436b is your favorite website if you've updated. frame it. print it. bookmark it. pretty much marry it.

Good luck with your findings,

20. DigitalDawn macrumors regular

Does anyone know if Notifier+ runs on this jailbreak?

21. BrianBaughn thread starter macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I regret the snarky reply you referred to. I should have ignored the response as it didn't answer any part of my question.

You're welcome to show me which of the "199999999" threads had the information I was looking for at the time of my posting.

I suppose to keep from getting flamed on here one needs to present a detailed list of everything done up to that point. It's weird how folks sometimes don't want to or can't answer a direct question (they don't know the answer?) and feel compelled to offer opinions on related topics.

So, for anyone interested, here's a description of how this thread got started:

My jailbroken iPhone 5s crashed a lot. I've heard the 7.1.x update improves on that, so after the Pangu jailbreak was released I kept up with info on which of my tweaks were working (via the excellent Adam Insull Zoho list and web searches). I also had a personal reason to get the jailbreak done (or not) sooner than later.

I couldn't find anything definitive on the four tweaks I asked about. Developers didn't respond right away. The four weren't really mentioned in any list I could find. At the time of posting they weren't in the Adam Insull list.

So I posted a simple question.

I got one valid response from "braddick" for which I thanked him.

I don't need the info anymore as I've updated and jailbroken the phone. Haven't had any of those annoying crashes in two days!

22. BrianBaughn thread starter macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

The Cydia page for that app in the new 7.1.1 jailbreak won't let a user purchase it...says it's incompatible.

23. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

you won't be able to purchase it on 7.1.x until the package gets updated

for those that purchased it before, they can still install the package even though it shows not compatible

24. pdaholic macrumors 6502a

pdaholic

At least one good thing came out of this thread...you guys introduced me to DisableCoverflow7 (which I will confirm works at least on 7.1.1). Definitely one of the most useful tweaks ever (for me)--coverflow drives me crazy when I'm listening to music and running! Gratzi!

25. mrcowdude20 macrumors regular

Good to hear you got your answer and are jailbroken!