Does this 30" look right?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by damado, Oct 27, 2008.

1. damado macrumors 6502

I had a 30" ACD for almost 3 years. The warrany was expiring next week so I took it in last week b/c as it heated up, the right side of the display was losing it's pixels. Apple shipped it out to fix but then apparently it came back worse and the apple store decided to just give me a brand new monitor in box with new warranty and everything. That part's great.

Now I was without my display for 10 days so I dunno if I just don't remember how it was, but this new one seems to get really silvery at angles.
    See the pics from straight on and at an angle.

The monitor is at -2 dots brightness.

I'm not sure if I just don't remember that my 2005 version was like this or if this one has a problem.

Attached Files:

2. EdbBob macrumors member

It's hard to tell from the photo, but in a dark room the 30" monitors I've seen look like yours (Most LCD's look like that from the side). But go to a Mac shop and compare.

Can't wait to get my own 30". Screen estate rules ;)

Morten

3. damado thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah a picture doesn't really convey it I guess. Note how the first one is very black though. That excess brightness is just from the top.

It looks the same in daytime though...with the brightness set to min or max.

I guess I just have to go look at the cinemas at apple again.

The only thing that bothers me is that I have to move my head over a foot to the bottom corners to see them in their real color. Doing that over and over again gets annoying.