Does this Airport/bluetooth flex cable look like it's corroded?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mantler, May 20, 2019.

1. mantler macrumors newbie

mantler

Just bought a replacement AP/BT flex cable for a 2011 13" MBP that's been tested with a known good cable, and 2 AP cards. I think that the card side of the connector looks liquid damaged or glued or something, anyone want to opine? I got it off eBay from a "100% positive seller" with a lot of history, but it doesn't look like the picture so go fig...
    IMG_1979 2.jpeg IMG_1980.jpeg

2. Audit13 macrumors 601

Audit13

Looks like it's been exposed to liquid and it's the residue that I see In the picture.

3. mantler thread starter macrumors newbie

mantler

That was my guess, that they probably tried to clean it off or something... maybe it works, but I'm hesitant to even try it... in the right light you can even see where the rest of the cable was exposed.

Attached Files:

4. Audit13 macrumors 601

Audit13

Whoever cleaned it should have soaked it in pure alcohol and use a gentle brush to remove the residue.

If you are going to use it, I recommend cleaning it before installation.

5. mantler thread starter macrumors newbie

mantler

Hmm... if I clean it off and it doesn't work anyway, who knows if I'll be able to get a full refund for it not being as pictured (apparently the seller charges return shipping). I think I'll just put in a refund claim, not as pictured/described.

Thanks!