Does this annoy anyone else?

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
2,548
2
New Jersey
From a design point of view...

Why do people put their exclamation marks (!) two places after phrases? For example:

New designs !
Come see us now !
Now open !

I don't get it... gramatically it is incorrect, right?

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. I just figured it related to design, so why not.
 

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
5,115
6
p0intblank said:
From a design point of view...

Why do people put their exclamation marks (!) two places after phrases? For example:

New designs !
Come see us now !
Now open !

I don't get it... gramatically it is incorrect, right?

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. I just figured it related to design, so why not.
Yes it annoys me too ! :D

I also frickin hate when people put two spaces after fullstops and you have to go through the entire document taking out the extra spaces. Then YOU get blasted for missing one out of a million when it goes to print. :mad:
 

Belly-laughs

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2003
844
16
you wish
stuartluff said:
Yes it annoys me too ! :D

I also frickin hate when people put two spaces after fullstops and you have to go through the entire document taking out the extra spaces. Then YOU get blasted for missing one out of a million when it goes to print. :mad:
Heard of "Find and replace"?
 

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
7,101
404
It irritates me like you cannot imagine. It's almost like people who write MAC.
 

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
2,548
2
New Jersey
GFLPraxis said:
It irritates me like you cannot imagine. It's almost like people who write MAC.
Yes, that one does it too! :mad: And when people call the company Mac, rather than Apple. Why, people... why???

As for seeing :word: ! that often, I mostly see it on the forums here. Once in a while, I'll see it out in the wild. It still annoys me, though.

One more thing... I also hate it when people use your instead of you're. Now that really annoys me! I see it all the time on here and MySpace. I even saw it just a couple days ago in a company ad!
 

Toppa G's

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2003
425
1
The exurbs, MN
p0intblank said:
One more thing... I also hate it when people use your instead of you're. Now that really annoys me! I see it all the time on here and MySpace. I even saw it just a couple days ago in a company ad!
That reminds me of a commercial for a small computer company in my hometown - their slogan was "Now Your Thinking Smart" :D They had it scrolling across the screen in their TV commercials...awesome!
 

Whimsy

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2006
31
0
Lol, that is quite annoying. I gotta say though the one that gets to me most (slightly off-topic) is when people spell iPod, as "I-Pod"! I even see it on the TV news! :mad: