Does this app exist?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by onirocdarb, Apr 9, 2013.

1. onirocdarb macrumors regular

I am looking for a mac app that functions as a news/social media hub (eg flipboard and pulse for ios). I would like to be able to add my own sources as well, such as small blogs that I follow and forums I am active on.
    Price doesn't matter and it doesnt have to be from the app store

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Try NetNewsWire, best RSS feeder that I have found (for free) for the Mac. The iOS client isn't free though.

3. onirocdarb thread starter macrumors regular

Just got Netnews wire, it seems pretty cool.
    I have also been looking around the app store, has anyone tried Pulp?

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I wouldn't invest into Pulp. The Acrylic Software team got acquired by Facebook last year and they pretty much stopped working on it. It relies on servers (that could disappear whenever) to sync between OS X and iOS and there's not much hope on it ever being changed to support iCloud instead.

5. onirocdarb thread starter macrumors regular

On the app store description it says iCloud sync

6. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Yeah, but if the SDK just happens to be updated and breaks something, it most likely won't get fixed for a very, very, very long time. The iOS version hasn't been updated since June.

If it wasn't $9.99 I would say go for it, because it's great. I remember back when it was called Times, and it just got better after the revamp. However, that $10 would be best spent on something more recent.