Does this bother anyone else? - Control Center vs. Notification Center Mismatch

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by tryphone, Mar 15, 2015.

1. tryphone macrumors member

It bothers me to no end that control center and Notification center don't match. Control center is very bright and white, while Notification Center is darker and looks more refined. Maybe I'm just being anal

2. I7guy macrumors G5

No, it doesn't bother me in the least. But now that you mention it I think the notification center should be more like the control center.

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

Doesn't bother me either. Not sure what the big deal is to be honest.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

One is better for text, the other is better for buttons.

5. technosix macrumors 6502a

The look and feel of an OS isn't as important to me as it's reliability. Until Apple decides to return to the high quality and reliability they used to deliver, I don't trust them. Sadly they've been very inconsistent in the last couple of years.

Quite frankly I never expected my Android phones to be better and more reliable than Apple iPhone's yet that's exactly what happened. My Nexus 5 is fast, fun, smooth and never, yes never crashes. An amazing testimony to how far Google has come.

If I wasn't completely open minded and willing to spend the money I would have missed out on the wonderful experience I'm enjoying now thanks to Google's innovative and hard work.

6. I7guy macrumors G5

It took me a while to buy apple products, but we are very happy with them. It used to be 6 idevices now 5; all idevices on 8.2 with no real issues other than some of the usual suspects like select/cut/copy/paste.

I kept playing with all phones at the Verizon store and when I decided to make the plunge the 5s won. Glad I did. Like the yearly updates and the support for older devices that are 3+ years old.

7. usefz89 macrumors newbie

True. I didn't expected that some day android phone will be more snappy and responsive than iPhone. To be honest after IOS 6 iPhone performance and responsive dropped down as hell

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

One is giving me information and the other is asking me which button I should push. They seem like incredibly different things to me, why shouldn't they look different?

9. technosix macrumors 6502a

Personally I find both very useful and handy.

I like what Apple's done with the interface. :)

10. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I can't say that it bothers me in the slightest.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

That's basically it. Seems like it's probably even better for them to be (at least slightly) different rather than being the same.

12. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

I like it the way it is also. Differentiation--:)

I actually like all the stock theming on 6 Plus--:apple::apple:

13. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Maybe if they add a night and day mode, the Notification Center and control center will be light in day mode, and they will both be dark in night mode. However I think notification center would look horrible if it was bright, so that probably ain't happenin.

I think a dark control center could be cool though, if they do the buttons right so they still are visible and look nice.

14. Dan70 macrumors regular

Agreed.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. In fact for some reason I prefer it that way. It makes me feel like they are very different sections and present data in a very different way. CC is for quick tools and NC is basically just text updates essentially. The way they split it up just seems right to me.

If I had to chose though to change one of the colours, I'd like to have CC use the dark scheme NC uses. But I think it looks fine as is.