Does This CL Ad Look Legit?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theturtle, Oct 17, 2011.

1. theturtle macrumors 6502a

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/mob/2651045709.html

whats your opinions guys? I already have an iPhone 4s but the thing that had me interested was the fact that this guy can "unlock it for just 30." The only thing i found weird is that I wasn't aware that AT&T gave out unlock codes for iPhones regardless if you have a corporate account.

2. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

That seems a bit too good to be true. That being said, the guy is willing to meet in person. No harm meeting him and plugging the phone into iTunes to see if you get the "Congratulations...." message which would mean that it is indeed factory unlocked.

Even if it is legit, this guy is definitely a shady employee.

3. nfl46 macrumors 603

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

No. I sure as heck wouldn't be telling people where I work.

4. Zincous macrumors 6502

AT&T are selling iPhone's factory unlocked, but for the full price amount, not for as cheap as that guy is offering. I'm not sure how much corporate discounts are, but that seems a little low.

Like SirStrumalot said, you could meet up with him and see if they actually are unlocked before purchasing it. Unlocked iPhone's are selling for ~$700.

5. theturtle thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah, this has "too good to be true" written all over it. just imagine how many this guy sold if he posted this up the 15th. Even with a corporate discount I find it hard to believe that he would be able to snag 10+ iphones to sell in a mere two days. Still, kind of disappointing. I was hoping you guys would tell me its legit!! :D

but yeah, i emailed him. Most likely a scam though (at least thats what my gut is telling me).

6. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

It may be too good to be true. In fact, this guy is pretty stupid to be meeting people (and stating his affiliations), but why not meet him in a public place and see what happens?