• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

wyatt23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
Forest Hills, NY
ok, i did a few google searches to find this, but the name describes a few products.

i'm curious if there is a wireless bluetooth enabled usb hub. plug it in to a wall outlet. plug USB devices into it. it will essentially make them wireless. this way i can bring my laptop easily on the go. bring it home and have my printer, mouse, and keyboard already connected.

i found a dozen usb connected hubs with bluetooth, but not bluetooth connected usb hubs. tricky.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
Bluetooth is very slow. Maybe this, but not sure about keyboard and mouse.

Comment

wyatt23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
Forest Hills, NY
wow. that's exactly what i was looking for, just a different protocol. that attaches to a network, then allows you to connect any USB device and it emulates USB. sweet. a little price tho, and i'm not sure what kind of mac support they'll offer. i read the dreaded line... "The software also allows you to easily transfer control of USB devices on the Hub between computers."

that could be a problem.

Comment

Brannyh

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
^ There
a little late but....

Anyone know about something like this that would work with a keyboard and mouse? I want to use my colorful G4 mouse and keyboard but I want them wireless sitting on my table.

Comment

skorpien

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
Anyone know about something like this that would work with a keyboard and mouse? I want to use my colorful G4 mouse and keyboard but I want them wireless sitting on my table.

Did you even read the description on the product page?
Perfect for:
Households with multiple computers, but only one printer or scanner
Sharing up to 5 devices: multifunction printers, media readers, and scanners with everyone on your network
Backing up and accessing data from hard drives, USB drives, and other mass-storage devices
Connecting to keyboards, mice, and other USB devices for desktop use of your laptop

Comment

skorpien

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
I can't say first hand as I don't own one, but according to the page cube linked and the actual product page description, it should. They only state that it won't support some high-speed/high-bandwidth USB devices so I am assuming keyboards/mice will work. Your best chance at getting your question answered is to email Belkin and ask directly.

Comment

milk242

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
I would skip this product, I tried it and the Mac software is sadly not very good.

Comment

audiomatt

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2017
10 year bump? Id love to just sit my laptop down and have my mechanical keyboard and trackpad work without plugging in a 200 dollar USBC hub.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.