Does this exist? Bluetooth-USB hub.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by wyatt23, Jun 3, 2007.

1. wyatt23 macrumors 6502a

wyatt23

ok, i did a few google searches to find this, but the name describes a few products.

i'm curious if there is a wireless bluetooth enabled usb hub. plug it in to a wall outlet. plug USB devices into it. it will essentially make them wireless. this way i can bring my laptop easily on the go. bring it home and have my printer, mouse, and keyboard already connected.

i found a dozen usb connected hubs with bluetooth, but not bluetooth connected usb hubs. tricky.

2. cube macrumors G5

Bluetooth is very slow. Maybe this, but not sure about keyboard and mouse.

3. wyatt23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

wyatt23

wow. that's exactly what i was looking for, just a different protocol. that attaches to a network, then allows you to connect any USB device and it emulates USB. sweet. a little price tho, and i'm not sure what kind of mac support they'll offer. i read the dreaded line... "The software also allows you to easily transfer control of USB devices on the Hub between computers."

that could be a problem.

4. cube macrumors G5

It also says "Mac drivers available in September"

5. Brannyh macrumors member

a little late but....

Anyone know about something like this that would work with a keyboard and mouse? I want to use my colorful G4 mouse and keyboard but I want them wireless sitting on my table.

6. skorpien macrumors 68020

Did you even read the description on the product page?

7. Brannyh macrumors member

Well @cube said it might not be the best for keyboards and mouse but do you say it will work?

8. skorpien macrumors 68020

I can't say first hand as I don't own one, but according to the page cube linked and the actual product page description, it should. They only state that it won't support some high-speed/high-bandwidth USB devices so I am assuming keyboards/mice will work. Your best chance at getting your question answered is to email Belkin and ask directly.

9. Brannyh macrumors member

Stupid logic!

It has my birthday on the page (may 15) so it's worth a try!

10. milk242 macrumors 6502a

I would skip this product, I tried it and the Mac software is sadly not very good.

11. Brannyh macrumors member

Even for JUST keyboard and mouse?