Does this Gold/White case look a bit "fenimine" on my Gold iPhone 5S?

KimJonNumberUn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2013
I didn't expect the rose gold to be "that" rose gold, but I dunno. I like the case overall but was hoping the gold would match better

Its called the Graft Concepts Leverage Case....looked good in the stock photo lolz

Attachments

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
If you have to ask the answer is yes. You just don't want to listen to your inner voice

osx11

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2011
whats so "ugly" about it specifically if you dont mind me asking? lol
It's basically the opposite of Apple's design philosophy: simplistic elegance. You have a beautifully manufactured sleek and simplistic piece of hardware wrapped in a macho-show-off piece of ****. I jus't don't see why you'd put such a strange-looking case over an iPhone. Whatever floats your boat.

ngocnguyen

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
the idea and concept is there....just not executed properly...design is everything and they missed the mark. I tried out one on my old 4..had so many engineering and manufacturing flaws= design flaws

I can bet the idea is based on a spring-form pan for baking cheesecakes/desserts

KimJonNumberUn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2013
the idea and concept is there....just not executed properly...design is everything and they missed the mark. I tried out one on my old 4..had so many engineering and manufacturing flaws= design flaws

I can bet the idea is based on a spring-form pan for baking cheesecakes/desserts

what was wrong with the one u got for the 4?

and very funny :p

ngocnguyen

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
the power button snapped and fell out...the hinge mechanism failed on two units I had...snapped like a twig...really thin material at the hinge..plastic and metal doesn't work without the right engineering.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Just a note: I think they got the mechanics right by the time they came out with the case for the 5. I have had one for quite a while with no problems at all. Buttons all worked super. Kind of liked the "retro" look. Liked the matte finish of the black one too.

ngocnguyen

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
I think it was really poor timing on their part...iPhone 5 literally was released a couple of weeks (maybe one month) after these guys launched on Kickstarter...you can't just release a 4 case when the 5 just launched. LOL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.