Does this happen to anybody else?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TheMuffin-Man, Aug 1, 2009.

1. TheMuffin-Man macrumors newbie

I have had this problem in the past, then it magically went away, and now it's back again.

When syncing my iPhone, the iPhone tab on the left of iTunes disappears, but my iPhone continues to say "Sync in Progress". I end up cancelling it myself and nothing has updated into my phone. I don't understand what I should do.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I've never experience that before. Is your iTunes/iPhone completely updated?

3. TheMuffin-Man thread starter macrumors newbie

Honestly, this might have been the problem. I remember a while back I didn't always update my iTunes. And then I updated it all the time. And up until a few moments ago my iTunes wasn't up to date.

My sync right now is going pretty well. No problems so far. I'm not sure on the timelines from the stuff that I mentioned, but there is a pattern with both of them.

So yeah, it looks like the problem is just having an outdated iTunes.

4. TheMuffin-Man thread starter macrumors newbie

Nevermind, it just happened again. The iTunes isn't recognizing the phone anymore, but my phone still says "Sync in Progress".

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

IMO, you should always update iTunes before you try to update the iPhone. It's just better to get everything in iTunes set, before you tackle the huge update for the iPhone. Anyway, just something I do.

6. TheMuffin-Man thread starter macrumors newbie

I spoke too soon :( It just failed again

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
  8. TheMuffin-Man thread starter macrumors newbie

No, but I tried my iPod Video on the same port and that worked.

9. sgerrard macrumors newbie

i have a similar issue. my itunes & iphone 3g's connections keep dropping and reconnecting over & over again. anything that requires syncing for more than 20 secs fails, since the connections don't last that long. i can forget about software updates. i tried using other usb ports, but the results are the same. :( appreciate any suggestions/advice. thanks in advance.

10. dgdosen macrumors 65816

dgdosen

11. countrydweller macrumors 6502

countrydweller

I had a problem of my iphone syncing forever, not sure it's exactly the same. I had downloaded gmaps west directly to my phone, after that a sync would never finish. I deleted gmaps from my phone, then downloaded it to itunes. The sync worked after that and all was well. Hope this helps.